Fluids

Fluids

Cortex Error at Initializing Phase

• Jen-Ping Chu
      Subscriber

When all the model setup is ready with no error, the initialization gets terminated due to the unknown cortex error. Due to the cortex error, initialization and the following patch process is prohibited.

workbench also comes up with such error: 

Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexCommandFailedException: An error occurred in FLUENT when initializng the flow An error occurred in FLUENT when initializng the flow at Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.CortexCommunicator.SendMessage(String msg, String msgKey, String errorMessage, Boolean waitForReply) at Ansys.Fluent.FluentCommunicator.Initialize() at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SolutionData.InitializeOrLoadCurrentData(IProtectedContext context) at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SolutionData.LoadFiles(IFullContext context) at Ansys.Fluent.Data.SolutionData.LaunchFluentAndRead(IFullContext context, Boolean batchMode, Boolean internallyStarted) at Ansys.Fluent.Commands.EditCommand.Execute(IFullContext context) at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.CommandWorkUnit.executeInContext(CommandContext subContext, IExecutionEngineCallback tracer) at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.doExecute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, CommandContext subContext) at Ansys.Core.Commands.Concurrency.BaseWorkUnit.Execute(IExecutionEngineCallback executionEngine, Boolean dontCatchExceptions) --- Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandFailedException: An error occurred in FLUENT when initializng the flow An error occurred in FLUENT when initializng the flow CommandName: Fluent.Edit(Container="Solution 1") at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.RethrowFailureException(Exception e) at Ansys.Core.Commands.CommandAsyncResult.Wait(Int32 milliSecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext) at Ansys.Fluent.Commands.EditCommand.InvokeAndWait(IProtectedContext context, DataContainerReference Container, Boolean Interactive) at Ansys.Fluent.Gui.GuiUtilities.GetLauncherSettingsAndEdit(GuiOperationContext operationContext, DataContainerReference cref, LauncherEditMode editMode) at Ansys.Fluent.Gui.OpenInFluentGui.Invoke(GuiOperationContext context) at Ansys.UI.GuiOperationContext.Invoke(GuiOperationMetaData operationData) at Ansys.UI.UIManager.InvokeOperationCore(String pseudoname, OperationDelegate callback, Boolean allowOSMessages, Boolean coreTransaction, Boolean deferredRefreshOnly)

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Is the model 2d or 3d?  Have you checked the mesh and cell quality? 

• Jen-Ping Chu
      Subscriber

It's a 2D model. Yes, I do reduce the mesh number as well, but the model still couldn't work. On the other hand, I have another model with the same mesh quality but a slightly different boundary name selection in meshing phase, it didn't come with the same error. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Try meshing with tri elements, or force a pave mesh. The jump in cell size may cause some issues. Note, I was referring to quality metrics, not cell count reduction. 

• Jen-Ping Chu
      Subscriber

I haven't try according to your suggestion. But based on my screenshot, there wasn't serious jump in cell size?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Look just above the inlet. You also have cells with relatively high aspect ratio with (probable) cross flow, that may not cause an initialisation issue but won't help get a converged solution. 

• Jen-Ping Chu
      Subscriber

But the other model with the same mesh actually works. I found out it was during my process of read-transient-table with such errors.

I could continue with the initialization if the velocity inlet is set to be constant.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Which suggests you've not read the profile in, or that there's a problem there. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.