Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Could not connect to any license server ansys

• vahidmj
      Subscriber

Hello All,

I have been working on a CFD analysis on FLUENT and it has been working fine but all of a sudden FLUENT stopped working due to the following error "Could not connect to any license server ansys. The service is down or is not responsive". Just let you know that these 4 processes are not running (ansysli_monitor.exe , ansysli_server.exe, lmgrd.exe, ansyslmd.exe) in the task manager. Also, when I typed "telnet telnet srye-tfl-02 2325" and "telnet telnet srye-tfl-02 1055" in the CMD, I received the following massegs:

Connecting To srye-tfl-02...Could not open connection to the host, on port 2325: Connect failed

Connecting To srye-tfl-02...Could not open connection to the host, on port 1055: Connect failed

I would highly appreciate it if you could help me to fix this issue.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Are you using ANSYS Student, or a floating license? Have you tried starting the license manager on srye-tfl-02? That machine should have the ansyslmd, lmgrd, ansysli_server and ansysli_monitor processes running.
    • vahidmj
      Subscriber
      Thank you, mmadore, for your prompt reply. I am not entirely sure about your first question.
      I have not restated the license manager on my system as I could not find the "ANSYS, Inc. license manager" in the service and application which belongs to the computer management.
      Here are the folders are in the winx64.
      Thanks you.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Can you paste a screenshot of the exact error that appears? Do you have an ansyslmd.ini file in C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared FIles\Licensing? What are its contents?
    • vahidmj
      Subscriber
      Here is the screenshot of the error.
      Yes, there is a file with the name ansyslmd.ini.
      The contents are " SERVER=1055@srye-tfl-01.see.sfu.ca
      ANSYSLI_SERVERS=2325@srye-tfl-01.see.sfu.ca"

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Are you able to "ping srye-tfl-01.see.sfu.ca" ? You would need to be on the same network to be able to connect.
    • vahidmj
      Subscriber
      Thank you mmadore for your help. Just let you know that there are two workstations at university one "srye-tfl-01" and the other "srye-tfl-02". I am currently using the second one.
      I wrote ping srye-tfl-01.see.sfu.ca in the CMD and the following command appeared:
      " Ping request could not find host srye-tfl-01.sfu.ca. Please check the name and try again."
      However, When I tried the ping srye-tfl-02.see.sfu.ca, it sowed

Thanks again.

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Well then, it looks like the machine is down if you aren't able to ping srye-tfl-01.
    • vahidmj
      Subscriber
      Thank you mmadore for your support. I will check it out and let you know.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.