Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Could not connect to licence server: 50448@localhost The handle is invalid

• ANKIT
      Subscriber

Every time I try to start 'user licence preference 19.1' it shows 'Could not connect to licence server: 50448@localhost The handle is invalid'

I am using windows10 and installed Ansys19.1.

I have twice reinstall windows and also install previous version Ansys19.0 . None of it works.

Please help.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Are you able to work or this is only hapening if you try to start user license preferences?

Can you please try renaming the Ansys folder under %appdata% to Old_Ansys and try again?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi ANKIT ,

You can also try this: Go to C:WindowsSystem32driversetc , then open up 'hosts' file and uncomment (remove the '#' in the front) the line 127.0.0.1       localhost

If that doesn't help, please change it back.

Thank you,

Win

• ANKIT
      Subscriber

I am not able to work.

• ANKIT
      Subscriber

I tried it by removing #, but it does not work.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi ANKIT ,

Are you using the free student version or academic license version ?

Try temporarily disabling Firewall and anti-virus software on your machine to see if that helps. If it helps, you can turn it back on but make sure to add exceptions/exclusions to (default path)

Student version

C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_client.exe

C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util.exe

Paid academic license version

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_client.exe

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util.exe

Thank you,

Win

• Sathvik
      Subscriber

Hello!

i almost tried everything mentioned here in Ansys student community, Still not able to solve (Could not connect to licence server: 49679@localhost The handle is invalid) problem. 

I earlier had installed Ansys student version 18.2, When it expired instead of renewing it i uninstalled and deleted all the files from my laptop. Now i downloaded the latest ansys student 19.2 and i receive the above highlighted message as i open the workbench.

I need to badly use Ansys fluent for my thesis. Kindly help me  

with regards,

Sathvik 

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi Sathvik,

Are you using the Student version or are you using an academic license?

When you removed version 18.2, did you delete the entire c:program filesansys inc directory, or just the v182 directory?

Please try renaming the c:program filesansys incshared files directory to shared_files_old then reinstall 19.2

If that doesn't work, please try disabling the windows firewall and any antivirus software you may be running.

Lastly could you please open task manager and in the details tap sort by name and post a screenshot of items listed.

We are specifically looking for Ansysli_Monitor, Ansysli_Server, Ansyslmd, and lmgrd.

Thank you,

Jake

• AravindKarthik
      Subscriber

HI, I am facing the same issue. Tried lots and lots of solutions but not even a single solution seemed to work. I will send you screenshots of anything as per your requirement. Please rectify this issue for me. I need this problem to be solved badly sir. Please rectify this sir. 

Thank you in anticipation

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi AravindKarthik,

Please follow the instructions in my last post on this thread.

Thank you,

Jake

• AravindKarthik
      Subscriber

I tried the solution sir. That didn't seem to work for me..... Please suggest any alternative solution sir.

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi AravindKarthik,

What did you see with the final instruction:

"Lastly could you please open task manager and in the details tap sort by name and post a screenshot of items listed.

We are specifically looking for Ansysli_client, Ansysli_Monitor, Ansysli_Server, Ansyslmd, and lmgrd."

Thank you,

Jake

• AravindKarthik
      Subscriber

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Are you trying to use the Student version or the Academic version?

In the Windows search , type

%temp%.ansys

then look for the file that says 'demo..log' 

Open this file up and scroll to the bottom of the file and send me the screenshots of it

Also, make sure that your username has only English letters (A to Z)

Thank you,

Jake

• AravindKarthik
      Subscriber

I am using Student version sir

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi AravindKarthik,

Thank you for the screenshot.

I will need to ask around for that one.  In the meantime it might be best to try reinstalling the application.

Please make sure that after you uninstall the old one, that you delete the c:program filesansys incansys student directory.

Thank you,

Jake

• AravindKarthik
      Subscriber

Okay sir. Will try uninstalling the file as per your instruction and update you regarding the status of the problem soon.

Thank you

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi AravindKarthik,

Can you also try a username that doesn't have a space ? You can create a test user account and name it like abc , or xyz , or ansys  , etc.

Also, can you create a new thread exclusively for your issue ?

Thanks,

Win

• AravindKarthik
      Subscriber

I still face the same issue sir

• AravindKarthik
      Subscriber

Hello tsiriaks,

Will try the recommended settings as you suggested sir and will update you regarding this back to you. 

**edit**

Added a new discussion sir

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Thank you AravindKarthik.

I'm locking this post for now. If anyone else needs help, please create a new thread.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.