Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Could someone provide me with an older version of ANSYS?

• purplepotato
      Subscriber

Would someone be able to provide me with Ansys 18? I am trying to complete a tutorial, and the most recent one I have is for version 18 (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&ved=2ahUKEwi-4eWwidjjAhWrmOAKHVEXA_4QFjAKegQIARAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fusers.abo.fi%2Frzevenho%2Fansys%2520fluent%252018%2520tutorial%2520guide.pdf&usg=AOvVaw11207Q8_g4muiYcq-RoXVg).

Alternatively, could someone provide me with the tutorial for version 2019 R2? The main part of the tutorial I am concerned with is chapter 3 (mixing elbow).

Thanks

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you have a look in Help in 2019R2 you'll find a few tutorials. Or follow the instructions in the one you have but use the current release. The interface has changed slightly, but if you read, understand and look it's fairly easy to work through. 

• purplepotato
      Subscriber

I have used the Help tab in 2019R2, but my research advisor wants me to use this particular tutorial. The specific issue I have had so far is that the gradient mesh adaption option is no longer available in 2019R2 according to https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v194/flu_ug/flu_ug_Gradient_Adaption.html?q=adapt%20gradient. I have tried to get around the issue, but to no avail.

If possible, I would prefer to download the older version of Ansys. This would make it easier for me to work with my research advisor, who has an older version of the software. Considering that our time is very limited, it would work out best for me if I don't have to spend extra time trying to figure out the equivalent commands in the new version.

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

The Fluent tutorials for 2019R2 are here in our Online Help. A mixing tutorial for Fluent Workbench 19.2 is here 

Note that use the Release 19.2 Gradient Adaption in 2019R2 you need to issue this text command:

mesh/adapt/revert-to-R19.2-user-interface

However, the Release 19.2 Student product is still available here.

Please note that the free Student products aren't really intended for Research use, as they are relatively limited in terms of numerical headroom and we provide them under a personal educational use click wrap. Could you ask your Professor to give you access to the Research license that they have? Also, Release 18 is now 2.5 years old..for the best research experience, upgrading to a more recent release (19.2  of newer) could be beneficial, as you'll have access to the very latest UI , features and solvers. 

• purplepotato
      Subscriber

Thanks for your thorough answer. As for using the non-Student version, we tried that, but we ran into obstacles with the IT department. They will not allow us to access the computers remotely and the school does not have enough seats under their license to allow me to use one.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.