Electronics

Electronics

Couple FSI with Ansys Maxwell

• zaiat
      Subscriber

Hello dear Ansys community!

I am currently considering switching to Ansys for my further research at my institute. I have already tried quite a bit in the student version and so far I am thrilled! 

But before I get a license, I would like to know if my goal is feasible in Ansys. Specifically, I would like to use an FSI as part of my research. These, a fluid is forced through a narrow gap, pushing the solids faces apart. From this deformation of the solids, the electric field strength or the electric capacity should be calculated. 

At first sight, however, I do not see any option to connect these two packages with each other. In Google I found only entries for either one or the other. 

I therefore ask you as experts in Ansys, whether I can implement a model consisting of FSI+Electrostatic or Maxwell within the framework of a research license? And if not, can I import the result from FSI e.g. into Maxwell instead? 

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend! :) 

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Hi@Zaiat,

No,  you cannot link FSI(I assume it is from COMSOL)+Maxwell.
      But you can do the multiphysics simulation you are trying to do if you use Fluids and Maxwell.

Regards,

Navya

• zaiat
      Subscriber

Hello Navya,

thank you for your response! 

I actually dont want to link Ansys with Comsol, I just want to do everything in Ansys. An FSI is just the overarching term, in Ansys specifically its called System Coupling.

So basically, in Ansys terms, I want to do a system coupling of Fluent+Structural, and then add Maxwell on top. I believe that should be possible as well...?

Thank you

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Hi Zaiat,

Yes, that is possible.

Regards,

Navya

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.