Fluids

Fluids

Coupling 2 Fluent Simulations

• Esansusthy
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I am working on a simulation that is divided into 2 cases, with different phenomena involved in each one.

My question is, How can I couple 2 Fluent simulations???

I have seen that this is not allowed with System Coupling in the Workbench.

Thank you in advance!!

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

If you really want two-way coupling you will require scripts and Start Fluent as Server or having a master and slave process. That is not a trivial work.

For one way coupling our a coupling which you manually you can use the profiles which can be written in one session /case and used in the other case.

If only thermal loads needs to be coupled at walls, System coupling can do that (with some expert env). 

• Esansusthy
      Subscriber

Thank you so much Mr. Amine for your help.

I'm working on a simulation wherein from case 1 I'll get the heat flux distributed over a wall surface. This info will be used to run a multi-phase case (case 2). From the latter case, I will take temperature distribution over the same wall and use it in case 1. And so on.

Which strategy do you recommend me to follow?

Thank you in advance!!!

Emmanuel

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

If it is sufficient do that manually: Export the heat flux profile from case 1 apply it on the walls of case 2 and from case 2 export the temperature profile and use it in case 1. If you want to do that in automated ways every N iterations you require a lot of scripting (a sort of Master/Slave processes). 

Another alternative is as I said might be via using some expert parameters for System Coupling which are not supported and which I do not want to expose in this public community. 

Now what do you want?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.