Fluids

Fluids

Coupling analysis of structure motion

• JASOMCHANG
      Subscriber

May I ask everyone, I set up a reciprocating rotating mechanism, I want to see the effect of this mechanism in the water, so I used flow-induced coupling analysis, but there was an error in the rotation setting. How do you set it to make this mechanism work? Do flow-cause coupling analysis in water?

• Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nI'm going to assume that these are all rigid bodies and that they won't bend due to fluid forces. Accounting for the bending is possible with a 2-way Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) simulation is possible but significantly more complex. nWhat you'll want to do is run a 1-way FSI simulation with System Coupling where displacement is transferred from Mechanical to Fluent at every timestep. The motion is defined on the Mechanical side. You could try using an overset mesh on the Fluid side instead of remeshing. You can use the following tutorial to get an idea of how to set up this case, except for your case you'll only have one data transfer. https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/sysc_tut/sysc_tut_oscplate_wb_fluent.htmlnThe other option is to do the simulation entirely in Fluent using the 6 DOF. The movement of the mechanism would be prescribed with rigid body motion using a UDF.nSteven
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.