Fluids

Fluids

coupling Fluent and Rocky-DEM: How does one-way transient simulation work?

• mkhademi
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I want to simulate particles transport in Rocky DEM 2022R2. I read that now it works with a one-way transient simulation for coupling with Ansys Fluent (Only data is tranferred from Fluent to Tocky during the transient simulation of the case in Fluent). I could not find any tutorial for this, and I did not see any option directly in Rocky DEM to activate this option. There is a new tab in Ansys Fluent though as in attached picture, but still dont know which option to choose. Any lead? 

Thank you so much. 

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

As a starting point, I would suggest you to check this webinar on CFD-RockyDEM coupling: Particulate Modeling with RockyDEM | Ansys Webinar

Thank you,
      Nikhil

• mkhademi
      Subscriber

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for your reply.

I have seen related webinars and have simulated some of my cases. The previous versions were solving with a tow-way coupling approach or steady fluid flow, but it looks new version of 2022R2 works with a one-way transient flow too. I am not able to set up the model with this new one-way transient case. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The setting is on the Rocky side. Once you have the files from Fluent, link via the CFD Coupling > One way > Fluent-Particle option in Rocky. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Actually once you have your Fluent data (and case file) the work is only to be done in Ansys Rocky as Prof. Rob mentioned.

• mkhademi
      Subscriber

Hi Rob,

Hi DrAmine,

Thank you for your help. 

I also found more explanation in the Rocky manual for one-way transient analysis (Section 3.3.11.3 of help manual)

Thank you.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.