General Mechanical

General Mechanical

CRACKS PLOT

• ssozen_72
      Subscriber

Dear community,

I have been trying to solve simply supported concrete beam without rebars to get cracks in the concrete. I use the SOLID65 finite element using APDL commands in WB. I assigned that the element has a 2,5 MPa of tensile stress. So, I expect that the material which experiences 2,5MPa of tensile stress will crack. As expected, after the solution, some region of the beam exceeds the cracking stress. The final plot results show that normal stress is almost 0 MPa for cracked zones (After cracking there is no normal stress). Again as expected once the elements crack the normal stress suddenly decreased. 

But I could not plot the cracks in WB or mechanical APDL. I used some APDL codes for plotting in WB, but the final result for cracks is like there are no cracks.

I would be grateful if anybody helps.

Best regards.

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnPlease see if the following discussion helps -nnnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • ssozen_72
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot for your interest Ashish. I have been using that command but the result does not change. No carack plot, unfortunately.nKind regards.nn
    • John Doyle
      Ansys Employee
      Hi SSozen_72nI just tested the following commands in simple test model using SOLID65 elements and PLCRACK produces expected results.n /post1n /dev,vector,1n /edge,1,1n set,lastn plcracknWhen you run your model in MAPDL, start to finish, are you able to produce the crack plots?nIf so, in Mechanical, are you requesting all the information under Analysis Settings=>Output Controls?nMaybe try adding 'OUTRES,all,all' in a command object before solving.nRegards,nJohnn
    • ssozen_72
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much for your interest,nI solved the model in WB then I transferred the solution data into MAPDL but, I could not get the crack plot. I will try your suggestion immediately.nBest regards.n
    • ssozen_72
      Subscriber
      Hi again jjdolye,nUnfortunately, I am not able to get cracks although your suggestion.nBest regards,nSahin.n
    • vaibhavtaranekar
      Subscriber
      I think you cannot get cracks without adding reinforcement.n
    • MrStanding
      Subscriber
      OUTRES,ALL,ALL is needednWorks without reinforcement n
    • ssozen_72
      Subscriber
      Dear MrStanding,nThank you for your kind interest. I will try.nBest regards.n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.