October 28, 2022 at 9:47 amMalhar NagarSubscriber
My mechanical Ansys crashes every time a run a simulation (even if it's very basic). I am suspecting it to be an issue with graphics however it meets the minimum hardware requirements of ANSYS student version. I am facing this issue even after updating all the drivers.
My Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5600U with Radeon graphics
Also, once in a while I get an error message as shown:
Kindly help or guide me regarding this issue.
October 31, 2022 at 4:22 pmSaumadeepAnsys Employee
Try reseting the Appdata. Follow the steps below to reset ANSYS Appdata:
- Exit ANSYS, if you are using it currently.
- Go to Start > Run
- Enter %APPDATA%
- A folder explorer window will open
- Open the Ansys folder. Look for the Ansys version you are using, for example, v221, and rename it to v221_Old
- Launch ANSYS and refresh the project
November 3, 2022 at 7:09 pm
November 4, 2022 at 8:15 amSaumadeepAnsys Employee
Yes, a new file should get created once you restart the workbench.
Please try the following, and see if this works:
- Make sure you meet the minimum hardware requirements mentioned here: Download Ansys Student | Workbench-based Simulation Tools
- Make sure to update all the drivers.
- Please start a new project on a different workbench file and see if the same problem persists. The model can get corrupt, so that may be a reason for this problem.
- Try to install a different version of Ansys and see if the problem still persists.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.