March 16, 2022 at 2:43 pmLotteSubscriber
I am using Ansys Fluent Meshing to mesh my geometry. I would like to make a complete hex mesh. The problem that I am having right now is that is seems to be impossible to create a square shaped surface mesh, is this correct or am I missing something?
LotteMarch 16, 2022 at 4:07 pmaitor.amatriainSubscriberDo not care about the surface mesh. You will always see triangles at the surface, but the volume mesh will be exactly what you want.
March 16, 2022 at 5:10 pmRobAnsys EmployeeFluent Meshing has hexcore, but won't give a full hex mesh. Ansys (Workbench) Meshing has full hex. I'd stick with Fluent Meshing and use poly or poly-hexcore.
March 17, 2022 at 8:01 amLotteSubscriberWhat is the advantage of poly relative to more 'traditional' triangular surface mesh?
March 17, 2022 at 11:34 amRobAnsys EmployeeIt's generally more accurate.
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.