Fluids

Fluids

Create Output parameter – Transient CFX Simulation

• Sebastiant94
      Subscriber

Hi colleagues,

Im doing a transient simulation and need the transient simulation average value to be an "output parameter" in Workbrench. I have already defined the value in a variable called Additional Variable 1.Trnavg (see image 1) and it is the correct value, but I could not define it as an output parameter. I tried to create an expression but I get an error (see image 2).

Could someone help me please? Thank you!

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      How is that average defined?
    • Sebastiant94
      Subscriber

Hi Abenhadj,

It is defined as the arithmetic average of the instantaneous data in the stipulated time. The function was taken from the "transient statistics" option of a created variable, this variable is the instantaneous torque. I created the variable in order to use the "transitory statistic".

Regards,

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      And when does that start? From iteration 0?
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Can you gobble check if the transient averaged variable is valid and not Nan? Can you show it as contour?
    • Sebastiant94
      Subscriber

Hello abenhadj, I have better results for show you.

What I expect is the arithmetic average of the instantaneous torque. In image 1, you can see the instantaneous torque for 180 time steps, what I am looking for with the function is the arithmetic average of the last 90 time steps, which is the last value of the gray line. I want that value because I am doing a parametric study in the Workbrench and I want that "last" value to be displayed in the Workbrench.

Unfortunately, the only way I found for the value to come out which is correct, at least in CFXpost, is by creating a transient variable. But I was unable to use that value as an output parameter. What I don't want is to have to put the variable in CFXpost, nor to calculate it through another program and manually enter it into Workbrench, since the design points will be enough.

Do you know of a way to find the arithmetic average of the instantaneous torque for the last 90 time steps, and that this unique value will reflect in Workbrench as an output parameter?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.