Fluids

Fluids

Creating a custom surface to calculate pressure?

• atulsingh92
      Subscriber

Hello,

There is one common channel feeding fluid to channel top and the bottom. I want to obtain pressure at the two channels separately.

I tried creating a point and normal plane, but that becomes only one plane which has the desired surface, but gives a total pressure at both the top and bottom red zones shown below and not separately.

How can I either create a separate plane at both the top and bottm channels to calculate pressure separately?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Look at the iso-clip surface tool. n
    • atulsingh92
      Subscriber
      So, iso-clip surface shortens or elongates the plane-5 on which the pressure is to be calculated. So I would have some from the botom plane and some from the top plane, and never the top plane only.nnAlso, the plane, is still across both the channels of top and bottom, as it was created with point and normal. So would probably need some suggestion to just bound that plane upto only the top channel, if that were possible ?, in order to retrieve the pressure at only the top channel?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Maybe try clipping by location? Click on the arrow to the right of Pressure in the above panel. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.