March 22, 2022 at 9:29 pmSammy1998Subscriber
I currently use the free version of ANSYS student edition. In the Engineering data section, it seems like the only material with an S-N curve is structural steel. I am not trying o use structural steel, I am trying to get the S-N curve for ABS plastic (High strength). Please where can I get this tabular data so I can create it?
Also, I am trying to get some properties of ABS plastic that I have been unable to find. If anyone can help with where to get the following information, it would be very very much appreciate. If I need to pay to get the information, it is completely fine by me as I am doing the simulation on behalf of my lab at the University of Florida.
- Density: 1.03g/cm^3 (I was able to get this one)
- Tensile Yield Strength: 4.3E+07 Pa (I was able to get this one too)
- Young Modulus: ?
- Poisson Ratio: ?
- Strength coefficient: ?
- Ductility Coefficient: ?
- Ductility Exponent: ?
- Cyclic Strength Coefficient: ?
- Cyclic Strain Hardening Exponent: ?
- Tabular Data for S-N curve
- Tensile Ultimate Strength: ?
- Compressive Yield Strength: ?
- Compressive Ultimate Strength: ?
Thank you very much for your answer in advance !!!March 23, 2022 at 6:43 amDavid MercierAnsys EmployeeHi, if you are a student, I advise you to check if you have access to an Ansys Granta EduPack license, otherwise have a look for Ansys Granta Selector. In these softwares, you'll find materials data for more than 4000 generic materials in the MaterialUniverse database. Here some examples for the ABS. And here a reference paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6213121/
And here some interesting discussion for you in our forum:
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Invalid Assignment error
- How do I make a chart with multiple material parameters on y-axis?
- *LOCAL COORDINATE SYSTEM ANSYS APDL ? how Ansys transform coordinates system?
- Material library
- PLA Material
- ANSYS 19.0 with Additive Manufacturing Extension
- How to add SN curve for new material in Fatigue analysis?
- Looking for Spring steel (55Si7) library material
- properties of balsa wood
- Ansys material damage
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.