Fluids

Fluids

creating images in .png format

• Elzbieta.Zoclonska
      Subscriber

I run fluent analysis in Linux cluster using batch mode. Calling calculation by

/home/ansys_inc/v212/fluent/bin/fluent 3ddp -gu -driver null -t40 -cnf=$PBS_NODEFILE -i fluent_in.jou > console_output.txt

The issue is that created .png images has no color map. Logo and ruler  is displayed according to settings without any issues. Only colormap is not visible

/display/set/picture/driver png
      /display/set/picture/x-resolution 1920
      /display/set/picture/y-resolution 1080

/display/set/windows/ruler? yes
      /display/set/windows/logo? no

/preferences/graphics/colormap-settings/show-colormap yes
      /preferences/graphics/colormap-settings/type "Banded"

/solve/execute-commands/add-edit my_save_auto_set_view 10 iteration "/display/views/restore-view view_all"
      /solve/execute-commands/add-edit my_save_auto_set_contour 10 iteration "/display/objects/display pressxzzy"
      /solve/execute-commands/add-edit my_save_auto_save_pic 10 iteration "/display/save-picture pressxzzy_%i"

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

I think the colour map yes/no is retained at the object level. If you created the object then altered the preference colour map will be off, if after it'll be on.  

Try 

/display/objects/edit pressxzzy color-map visible yes

and see what happens. 

Note this is one of the few times I'm glad the spill chucker has failed: spelling colour wrong isn't on! 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Use the Scene Objects and the animation object to create all that automatically and it works in batch (with the right Fluent start flags).

• Elzbieta.Zoclonska
        Subscriber

Actually the same model in GUI works fine and creates beautiful contours with color map. Only in batch mode it is not showing colormap.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I am aware that there were in the past some glitches might explaining this behavior. You are using release 21.1 and I think there should be no issues.

Can you test on y ummy case by just saving a hard copy in batch (do not forget to start the bach with -gu -driver null)

• Elzbieta.Zoclonska
      Subscriber

instead of "/display/objects/display pressxzzy"

this was creating nice image with colormap:

"/display/set/contours/surfaces planeyz () /display/set/contours/filled-contours? yes /display/contour pressure 0 1000 /views/restore-view/view-0  /display/set/picture/driver png /display/save-picture pressure%i.png"

--> for not know reason previously created in GUI countours "pressxzzy" didn't show scale.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

That method is the legacy method which will be discontinued. If it is working for you that is nice.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘creating images in .png format’ is closed to new replies.