October 31, 2023 at 10:11 amshahid6134Subscriber
From HFSS 15.0, I have S-curve of phase profile vs physical size of patch inside the unit cell in .csv format. (Unit cell size is constant, only patch size is changing).
From MATLAB, I have the phase value required from each unit cell of array. Two queries;
- How to generate 2D array with unit cells of desired patch size (using phase profile of each cell from MATLAB) in HFSS.
- How to simulate this array (metasurface) in HFSS with customized theta and phi angles of incident plane wave on the metasurface.
- Generate 2D/3D radar cross section/reflected beam pattern and gain of complete metasurfsace.
stepwise guidance is requested, thankyou.
November 3, 2023 at 6:35 pmFaezeh LadaniAnsys Employee
I can direct you to a couple of help material.
* From File>Open Examples..>HFSS>Antennas>FiniteArray_Radome_77GHz_3D_CADDM
This is an example of a 2D semi-periodic array. You can do the same steps for a fully periodic case as well. The only difference is that you have only one type of unit cell. The example comes with a short pdf help document.
*Also, on online help type "Assigning Arrays in HFSS". You can navigate the related topics on online help as needed.
This material should help. However, the complete answer to these questions goes beyond the scope of this forum. If you have access to customer portal, please file a support case so one of our engineers can work with you one-on-one. Also, if you have access to Ansys Learning Hub(ALH), we have training material with guided workshops about this topic.
November 9, 2023 at 10:35 pmshahid6134Subscriber
Thank you for your kind guidance.
I have HFSS 15 version so can I simlate array in this version. I could not find it in provided path of examples or online.
Can an array with customized patch sizes of unit cells be generated using python in HFSS. If yes, then where to run the python file in HFSS?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.