LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Creating Point Mass in Explicit Dynamics

• Shajee45610
      Subscriber
      Hey!

I was wondering if it's possible to create a point mass in explicit dynamics (to shorten my simulation times)?

I created a remote point but when I click on geometry, the point mass option cannot be selected. The only option I can select is surface coating.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you
      Shajee
    • Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Shajee,

You should be able to insert a point mass directly by right-clicking on the geometry:

What version are you using, I just tried this in 19.2

Regards,

Sandeep

Guidelines for Posting on ANSYS Student Community

• Shajee45610
      Subscriber
      Hi Sandeep
      I'm using 18.2, I can see the point mass option, I just can't click it for some reason. The button is suppressed. Do you think that it is a software issue?

Regards
      Shajee
    • Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Shajee,

I think it might have been introduced in 19. I just checked in 19.1 as well, if possible please upgrade?

Regards,

Sandeep

Guidelines for Posting on ANSYS Student Community

• Shajee45610
      Subscriber

Thanks Sandeep, will check on it.

Regards

Shajee

• charlietran
      Subscriber

Hi, guys!

I want to do an impact simulation in ANSYS using Explicit Dynamics. When I remotely attached a point mass to the body surface, I encountered with an error: "Deformable behavior for remote entities is not supported in Explicit Dynamics systems. Please change such behavior to Rigid". But when i changed the point mass behavior to Rigid, another error occurred: "Could not transfer loads and constraints to the solver". What is wrong here? How do i do a simulation in Explicit Dynamics with a remotely attached point mass to body surface. Thanks in advance!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Charlietran, Open a New Discussion to ask this question (or use Search).  This discussion is marked as solved.

Then you can delete your post above.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.