Electronics

Electronics

Creating Resonator Model with HFSS – Error with Ports

• jboca
      Subscriber

I tried to create a complicated resonator and got the following error when I start to run the simulation:

HFSSDesign1 (DrivenTerminal)

[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Too few conductors were found on port 1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error.. Please contact ANSYS technical support. (1:10:43 PM Oct 05, 2020)

[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (1:10:43 PM Oct 05, 2020)

Googling the error has proved useless. I'm a first time user of this software.

I scrapped my complicated model and followed this Ansys Tutorial Video

" rel="nofollow">
      , but I still get the above error when I hit analyze all. As in the tutorial, my port is touching both the ground plane and the Finite Conducting Strip. The yellow strip is a conductor, and I have assigned the GND plane as reference. The Port is touching both a reference plane and a conductor so this error is really rustling some jimmies.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. My goal is to use this to model the S-parameters of a more complicated resonator.

• Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nHFSS assumes the surrounding space around your defined model as PEC. So, we explicitly give open air region around the model.nSince there is no air padding along your X-axis, the default metal region is in contact along the port surface. Try adding the air padding along the x-axis so that an air region is created between the port and default PEC region. nAll the best.nBest Regards,n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.