August 28, 2019 at 6:29 ampriyamguriaSubscriber
I have a rotating heat pipe of 400 mm in length. I want to face split it for defining evaporator, condenser and adiabatic section of different length. how to do it?
August 28, 2019 at 10:18 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Open the geometry in SpaceClaim, Click on Plane, click on centerline of pipe, click on Split Body tool and click on pipe then plane. Then go to the Workbench tab and click Share to have the two halves be connected during Meshing.
August 28, 2019 at 12:19 pmpriyamguriaSubscriber
Thanks for the solution. But this will split the body. I want to split the face.
August 28, 2019 at 1:49 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Then click on the face and click on the Split tool.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.