Photonics

Photonics

Topics related to Lumerical and more

Creation of Ge-Sb-Te Material through material data base of FEEM solver

• Anindya Bose
      Subscriber

Dear Experts,

I want to create a new material named GST (containing Ge- Sb- Te) using the material database of the FEEM solver. I am not very sure how to create a ternary material like GST through the material database. I want to perform a HEAT and charge simulation with it. Can someone please suggest to me what are the possible ways to do such a thing in FEEM? How to create this new Ternary material? I will look forward to a helping hand.

Thanks and regards,

Anindya Bose

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

Hi Anindya, although Lumerical has collected many often used material data in the database,there are still many that are not included. However Lumerical gives the flexibility for customers to add new materials. For  ternary material please refer to https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034398514-Tips-for-creating-a-new-alloy-material

that said, you will need to find material properties (optical, electrical and thermal) by your self, either from lab measurements, or from literature.

• Anindya Bose
      Subscriber

Hello Expert,

Thank you for your support.But unfortunately in the Ternary database, I am unable to find the list of desired materials (such as Selenium and or its desired derivative through which the Ge-Sb-Te alloy can be created) using which the Ternary compound can be manufactured.In that case what should I do? Can you please give your valuable suggestions in this regard.Is this a good way to choose Semiconductor tab and enter its properties( Thermal and charge) to create my desired material? Please suggest me a solution. 

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

You will first need to create any single material you want, and then binary, and then ternary.

When the material database does not have the material, you will have to create it by your own with sufficient material properties. https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034919133-Tips-for-creating-a-new-semiconductor-material

This is the only solution.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.