General Mechanical

General Mechanical

critical energy release rate determination

• Sanjoy
      Subscriber

HI, 

i am trying to get critical energy release rate of two bonded material through double cantilever beam testing. as shown in the picture i applied displacement at left end but it seems energy release rate is dependent on end displacement. as the end displacement increases the energy release rate is also increasing. I am using pre-meshed crack.  how much displacement should i use?can anyone please help me out regarding the problem?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please insert images directly in your post because ANSYS employees are not permitted to open attachments.

• Sanjoy
      Subscriber

i have attached the screen shots of the static structural interface. please check again.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

ANSYS employees are not permitted to open attachments.

You need to click the Insert Image button in the toolbar of the Edit window, it's the button that looks like this

Then you browse to one of the files on your disk and click OK, then the image will be inline with the text as I have done with the image of the button.

• Sanjoy
      Subscriber

Sorry, i didn't understand it the first time. So, to elaborate again, i am doing some double cantilever beam testing to find out critical energy release rate of PDMS like material on glass.

the left highlighted portion is the crack and the right side edges are shared. then i applied some displacement to let the crack propagate, the energy release found this way should be critical energy release rate, right? 

problem is when i vary the amount of displacement at the top left vertex, the energy release rate varies much. 

can you please tell me what i'm doing wrong?

• Sanjoy
      Subscriber

hi, can anyone please help regarding the problem?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.