TAGGED: Cross Section, Discovery AIM
March 23, 2018 at 10:23 amlsalvucciSubscriber
In the physics step, I need to section my geometry to apply pressure loads to internal surfaces and I cannot find the command. The internal geometry is complicated, so the overlapping features selection tool is not good enough for this task.
March 23, 2018 at 2:19 pmglyn.jarvisSubscriber
Some ways of achieving this are:
- Modelling has some additional selection tools, you can edit your geometry and then use the selection tools there to create groups, which will be translated into selection sets when you return back to physics
- Select more than you need with box select (dragging left to right or vice versa to change if you have to fully enclose a face in your selection), then hold down ctrl and deselect faces you don't want to include
- a safer variation on the above is to add it to the location, and then click in the location so it becomes selected and then deselect before using the "replace" selection button.
- select faces in groups and use the "add to" selection button to build up your selection gradually, possibly while using hide and show bodies/faces to help selection.
- this one is a bit more creative.... In modelling, create an internal volume extraction, then use the contact detection tool to create contacts, then use the contact detection to get the faces on the side of the geometry that you want. Then remove the extracted volume from the physics region (if it represents a fluid, you can still assign a material to it to get "life-like" rendering when presenting results, or maybe it's appropriate to perform a FSI calculation to compute the pressure loads).
I hope this helps
March 26, 2018 at 1:03 pmlsalvucciSubscriber
Kind of astonished to find a CAE software that does not make cross-sections, but thank you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- loss of user settings
- Ansys Discovery Modeler vs Spaceclaim speed
- Annotation font color
- Can’t see license on online account
- Copy user settings to new release
- help online
- ANSYSLI Exited or could not read server port ANSYSLI_FNE_PORT
- Unexpected graphics error
- Python Script: graphical interface
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.