Electronics

Electronics

Current Carrying Wire Help

• BSwartzell
      Subscriber

Hello, I am trying to create a simulation with a simple current carrying wire. I've followed this short 3 minute tutorial, but at the step where the 100A current is applied at the face and "solve" is clicked I get these two messages: 

A solver pivot warning or error has been detected in the UX degree of freedom of node 5289 located in Solid. This is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, an under constrained model, or contact related issues.  Check results carefully. You may select the offending object and/or geometry via RMB on this warning in the Messages window.

Solver pivot warnings or errors have been encountered during the solution.  This is usually a result of an ill conditioned matrix possibly due to unreasonable material properties, an under constrained model, or contact related issues.  Check results carefully.

Does anyone know how to solve this or where I can find a good tutorial for a simple current carrying wire like the one in the tutorial?

I'm using ANSYS 19.1 as well.

• 3Asif
      Subscriber

Hi BSwartzell,

I would the geometry/material, etc. had some issues -something was not properly defined. That made some condition mathematically 'strange' , causing the matrix operation to misbehave.

I would suggest to investigate the geometry, material assignments, and whatever this node 5289 is touching. It is inside solid, should it be there? What is that solid made of?

Happy troubleshooting!

• BSwartzell
      Subscriber

What else might I need to clarify? I did the followed the quick tutorial I posted step for step, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work for me. I essentially just create a cylinder in Design Modeler. Then go to the model, tell it that it is copper, generate the mesh, apply current at one face, and hit solve. But when I solve I get the error code above? Is there something I might be missing?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.