3D Design

3D Design

curved object in rotor (moving object)

• EM_Design
      Subscriber

I have problem with (probably) meshing an object that is buried in a rotor. if I put that curved object at the head of the rotor, it does work but if I bury it in the rotor, it gives me the following error when I apply mesh operation: Failed to recover outlines. please see the object in the attachment. The head object doesn't have any issue. The inner object in the rotor causes the mentioned issue, if it is curved as you see. However, If I change that to straight line object (rectangular), the mesh operation does work.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I don't mesh for EM models, so I just throw this out as something to try and see if it helps.

Split the body down the center and put the two bodies into a multibody part to share topology.

That way, the "buried" cavity will be exposed to the new cut plane and might allow the meshing to succeed.

• EM_Design
      Subscriber

I tried your method and split the body into 10 pieces but still the same error. I feel there should be a setting in mesh for this problem

• Paul Larsen
      Ansys Employee

Switch from TAU to Classic mesher.  Go to the menu Maxwell 2D > Mesh Operations > Initial Mesh Settings, and select Classic.  This will remove that error message.  There are some other methods to fix this, but this is the easiest.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.