Fluids

Fluids

Cutting plane in Fluent post processing to see wall reaction

• Ines_
      Subscriber

Hi everyone!

I am looking my pressure results in Fluent. When I display the pressure in the wall I can only see the whole wall. Instead, I would like to see a cutting view. Is there any way to do it? Defining a plane and displaying the pressure on that plane is not the same as that way I can only see the fluid domain in that plane (and I am interested in the wall reactions)

Thank you in advance,

Inés

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You can display the wall species etc on the wall, but you may need to turn off the node values in the contour panel. If you want to display only a section of a wall then you may need to get creative with transform and the clip tools.
      This is one reason why we plan the post processing before building the model. If you know you want to look at a certain part, split that in CAD and give it a distinctive label. Run the model as normal and the surface(s) of interest are easy to find and display.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Salut Ines You want to show a line along the wall with pressure plotted along it ?
    • Ines_
      Subscriber
      thanks for your advice. It's true that I must plan the post processing before. I'll try that approach and tell you how it goes
      my question was just if it is possible to have a cutted view of my model's wall pressure on Fluent, but I am also interested in the display that you propose, do you know how to do that?
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Simplest way: selecting the wall you can clip it to have a line and you plot alone the line (clipping surface will result in line/polyline).
    • Ines_
      Subscriber
      could you tell me which tools are you using for that?
      Thank you
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Ansys Fluent.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.