Photonics

Photonics

CV characteristics plot in charge module

• crf202589
      Subscriber

Hi I am Rupesh kumar, M.tech student , IIT Delhi. while doing my thesis work under prof. Samaresh Das, i need to plot cv characteristics for my structure. For the reference i have referred on of the exapmle given on Ansys portal ----> https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042328674. Upon running the .ldev i got charge chrage.mat file stored in same location in which file is saved and then running the PN_phase_shifter_CHARGE.lsf file i am getting this error ----->  Can not find result 'total_charge' in the result provider 'CHARGE::monitor_charge' .

kindly help me out with it

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      I guess you are using the old version of CHARGE, as I tested it works fine:

Please install the latest version and test again.

• crf202589
      Subscriber
      I am using ANSYS Lumerical 2021 R2 Finte Element IDE --- latest version only still getting this error and also while exporting np density(CHARGE : chrage) no option for .mat export although i can extract .mat file for anode current vs volatge . kindly help me out with it
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      Please check the Result View once clicking the monitor, as shown previously.
    • crf202589
      Subscriber
      while exporting the .mat file from np plot ---> total _charge visualization window ,i am getting an error ," cannot open a connection to MATLAB , you must use a supported version" . I am using Matlab R2021a version ,and Ansys lumerical R2021 . Kindly help
    • crf202589
      Subscriber
      Attachement for the error
    • Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee
      This is a different issue. Usually if you do not open matlab file, but just export data, it does not need matlab to be connected. Please try to test
      xyz=1;
      matlabsave("test1.mat",xyz);
      to see if it works.
      For matlab connection, please refer this post https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/140905#Comment_140905

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.