March 16, 2022 at 4:09 amiqnloSubscriber
I am doing mode convergence test for my own design of edge coupler. But I found that the mode didn't converged. When I was using CVCS at the taper structure region and the energy conservation setting is "make passive"
I'm using the codes from this page: Convergence testing process for EME simulations – Lumerical Support
First of all, I applied this script on your official edge coupler: Edge coupler – Lumerical SupportMarch 16, 2022 at 4:13 amiqnloSubscriberBy the way, I recently noticed that the result from the CVCS one is relatively converged except for some noise.
So shall I take the 60 modes as where the modes start to converge? The noise are because there are too many modes as said in the tutorial. So maybe I can ignore the noise and view this as a good result?
Thanks! I'm looking forward to your comment.
March 23, 2022 at 12:01 amTaylor RobertsonAnsys EmployeeThis perturbation to the S matrix arises due to energy conservation and CVCS being used. I would direct you this video for an explanation of what is going on here.
You may need to increase the number of cells to get the convergence to behave better. Although convergence becomes more difficult using CVCS and energy conservation would ideally make the results more accurate. Make passive may be the best option for this type of situation. To understand where the problem is coming from you may want follow the procedure outlined in the link below.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.