September 13, 2023 at 9:39 pmMahsa AsadiSubscriber
Hello, I am simulating a cyclone separator with Ansys Fluent and I encounter a problem with that. I injected particles with 2 mm diameter and I injected 200 particles per time step. some particles are trapped but after some iterations, the number of particles that are trapped decreased, Should I continue the calculation or this is wrong?
additionally, the inner vortex is not formed, What is the reason for that?
September 14, 2023 at 8:15 amRobAnsys Employee
Cyclones have some interesting and complex flow features, so particles can get caught in regions and then bounce/flow clear later on in the calculation.
A lack of core is a little concerning, but may well be mesh related: please post some images showing the mesh cut plane across the domain.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.