October 17, 2018 at 12:40 pmsohrabSubscriber
I am developing an APDL code for crack growth analysis. I am confused with loading. my model would be 2D and method to analyse crack growth would be XFEM.
nsel,s,loc, Y, 100
sf, all, pres, -10
deltim, 0.25, 0.25,0.25
My question is: how many cycles the loading would be continue? (above mentioned is a 10 Mpa pressure with 0.25 frequency and also 0 stress ratio) and how can I control this loading until crack reaches a specific length?
I in my analyses cycle of loading reaches to 10^8 orders
I appreciate your helps and comments in this regard.
October 17, 2018 at 3:36 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Can you please refer to section 3.6 and 3.7 of the 19.0 Fracture Analysis Guide that cover XFEM based crack growth analysis?
October 25, 2018 at 6:49 amsohrabSubscriber
Thank you Sandeep for your reply.
I once more looke in detail section3.6 but my question is unsolved yet.
the question is that how many cycles APDL runs the simulation?
when i plot the crack extension vs cycles only to specific amount of crack extension the analysis continues (depends on element size of crack region) in my case 0,48 mm . but there is no control to continue simulation to an specific amount.
October 31, 2018 at 3:01 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.