Fluids

Fluids

Cylinder submerged in water

• AskandLearn
      Subscriber
      HinI have a pipe shaped geometry submerged in water with constant temperature. The pipe will be filled with 2 or 3 different volumes of oil. The oils can have different initial temperatures. I want to observe the heat transfer pattern over time with different volumes of oil to discover the influence of the geometry on the heat transfer inside the pipe. I also want to make a 3D heat map. nCan you recommend tutorials and literature for this purpose? Most of the tutorials is not about static flow, but dynamic flows which make sense. However, I am a bit confused on how to define named selections in this regard as I don't need intlet and outlets as the fluid both outside (outside) and (inside) is static. Also I am a bit confused on how to consider the meshing in this regard.nCan a define and experiment with different internal volumes of oils inside the software or how could it be easily done?nCan I perform a 3D simulation of the heat transfer to make a 3D heat map?nTo this purpose and with my limited experience is it good enough to just use CFX instead of Fluent?nnBestn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Re the solver, CFX has some advantages as you can more easily account for separated fluid volumes. However, Fluent is more widely used in most industries. If you're familiar with CFX I'd stick with that for now. nYou won't need inlets & outlets, but you will need to use temperature dependent properties. Search for buoyant/buoyancy and Boussinesq on here for more guidance. Re tutorials, click on Help in the current release and you'll find the tutorials for most (all) of the products. n
    • AskandLearn
      Subscriber
      HellonI didn't find any specific thing using the search field. Do you have direct links?.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      No, when you use Search click on the arrow to expand the options. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.