General Mechanical

General Mechanical

DAMPIN INTO STRUCTURAL MODEL

• Francesca_Pistorio
      Subscriber
      Hi everyone! nI have a big dubt about how taking into account the damping coefficients. I'm using ANSYS APDL and I have a model which consists of a simple central plate suspended by four beams. I have modeled the central plate with shell elements and I have used BEAM188 elements for the beams. nAbout the damping, I know the damping coefficients in x and y direction ( cx and cy). I also have to perform a FULL HARMONIC ANALYSIS and so I have a problem with how to consider the damping coefficients. In a full harmonic analysis I can only specify alpha and beta coefficients (with the ipothesis of proportional damping) or a global damping ratio. Both of these solutions give me a poor approximation.nCan I use different elements to take into account the damping (i.e MATRIX27 or COMBIN14?). If yes, how can I connect them with shell elements?nThanks for your help and time.nKindest,nFrancesca Pistorion
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Francesca,nnPlease see of the following links look useful -nnnnPlease see if this helps.nnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.