November 23, 2022 at 6:34 pmwalidelsiwiSubscriber
I am using an explicit dynic to get the responce of the ground deformation of dropped rigid body.
I know damping in such analysis is nomirically considered via nonliniarity of the materilas.
what i need is more information about this ? i need a refrneces show how the nomirical solution takes in account the energy dissapation.
I already know " The damping is used in linear analysis to provide the energy-dissipation to the dynamic loads. While in explicit dynamic a nonlinear analysis is performed. This analysis considers the material nonlinearity behavior automatically in the numerical solution. Which makes the computer simulation more physical by absorbing the external loading through the nonlinear material deformation. Hence, there is no need to assign the damping ratio of the materials for such analysis."
Anylinks or documnets in this regard is highly appreciated.
November 25, 2022 at 8:10 amSaumadeepAnsys Employee
The following Ansys help links might help.
1. Chapter 6: Material Models Used in Explicit Dynamics Analysis (ansys.com)
2. 5.3.2. Damping Controls (ansys.com)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- License Error
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.