March 22, 2022 at 6:26 amMariah HaSubscriber
I am trying to extract the data (matrix) of the electron and hole current densities (Jn and Jp) from the charge visualizer, as shown below. The "view data" option gives just a slice of the data. The "export to text" option also does not give all the magnitude matrix of Jn , as shown in the picture. I am looking for the whole matrix to perform some calculations, not a slice. I did not understand the meaning of x(7616,1,1) in the extracted text file. Can you please help me ?March 22, 2022 at 7:23 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeI guess you are using CHARGE, which uses finite element mesh. Therefore, the dataset is not like the rectilinear FDTD mesh.
You can get the result from CHARGE object:
Then you will need to interpolate the Finite Element mesh into rectilinear result. Please refer this example:
interptri - Script command - Lumerical Support
Please follow the examples and write your own script.
If you have scripting questions, please write a separate post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.