February 24, 2023 at 2:40 pmWENKAI YANGSubscriber
I did a 3D CHARGE simulation and get carrier distribution, and I upload this data to MODE to get corresponding effective index as a function of different bias voltage.
However, the example in Lumerical website is a 2D CHARGE simulation, it means that with 2D FDE in MODE, it is easy to obtain corresponding effective index with different bias voltage
But for my research, carrier distribution is a 3D type while FDE is 2D, so how could I get corresponding result?
Thank you and wish your reply!
This Figure copy from MODE, purple box shows carrier distribution caculate from 3D CHARGE
This Figure is a conventioal 2D simulation, carrier distribution is 2D type with 2D FDE
February 24, 2023 at 9:21 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
This is a duplicated post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.