April 7, 2023 at 11:41 amRory BoydSubscriber
I am having problems when solving for temperature in simulating the DED process of a triangular Inconel 718 part in a retamgular base plate, i am experiencing negative thermal results for my min temperatures, the min temperature shouldnt go below 22 degrees, if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate them greatly.
April 10, 2023 at 6:37 amSuryaAnsys Employee
It looks like the solution ended with an error (based on red thunder sign). Would you mind sharing the error messages as well as the boundary conditions?
April 11, 2023 at 11:52 amRory BoydSubscriber
I have gone back and changed the DED_Contact as I realised it was slightly wrong at the base of the triangle. Basically when the red and blue lines touch this causes temperature distortion, I am now faced with the issue of these lines touching as indicated at the top of layer 6, giving me temperature distortion at this layer only
April 11, 2023 at 11:53 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.