August 7, 2022 at 3:12 pmgreg2835Subscriber
Is there a way to have contact auto detection off by default? We keep running into scenarios where auto detection is causing issues.
August 8, 2022 at 8:01 am
August 8, 2022 at 4:40 pmgreg2835Subscriber
I can't believe I missed that. Thanks Suyra.
August 9, 2022 at 11:18 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
I can't believe Auto Detect Contact On Attach is turned on by default. This is a terrible choice for users with associative CAD interfaces who don't realize it is an automatic feature. They bring in their geometry the first time, get a model working, usually by deleting many unhelpful contacts. Then they update the geometry and get hit with all those old contacts that they don't want and it's hard to discern the "new" contacts from the ones that were carefully checked during the model building task.
August 9, 2022 at 11:21 pmgreg2835Subscriber
Peter, I fully agree. In my lab, if we see erroneous results or convergence issues we assume we need to pay attention to mesh, load steps, contact "relief", etc. We don't immediately think that new contacts were generated without our knowledge.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display