Electronics

Electronics

Default Excitation Signal waveform

• Rajan_Mistry
      Subscriber
      I am using a waveport to excite my microwave structure in HFSS (driven modal solver, fast frequency sweep), but what is the default excitation waveform used by HFSS when solving? I was expecting see a voltage vs time sinusoidal plot but cannot find this information anywhere? Is there a way to export the default excitation waveform as a csv file?n
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      nIf you are using Driven modal then the excitation will be composite power but not voltages. If you would like run simulations in terms of voltages then try using driven terminal solution. Please refer the HFSS Help document for more information. nAll the very best.nBest Regards,n
    • Rajan_Mistry
      Subscriber
      Is there a way to view the frequency components of this composite power excitation signal ?
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nThe default excitation is 1W of power whose frequency is equal to the solution frequency set up by the user. For more information you can go though the HFSS Help document under section Assign Wave Ports for Modal Solutions.nAll the very best.nBest Regards,n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.