Electronics

Electronics

Default polarization direction

• HaydarEzzedine
      Subscriber

I am simulating a interior configuration permanent magnet machine (machine type: adjust speed synchronous machine).

What is the default polarization direction for the magnets if I didn't specify it? And how can I specify the direction of polarization?

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

The default magnetization Direction is along the positive x-axis.
      That can be changed in the material properties for other Cartesian cylindrical or spherical coordinates.

Regards Navya
    • HaydarEzzedine
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your helpful answer.
      I have a follow up question.
      I split my magnets in Maxwell in the machine into two materials, same magnet but different polarization direction.
      I want to ask if there is a way to assign different material for each magnet in rmxprt (before creating the maxwel design).
      And if no, how does this affect the results in rmxprt under performance.
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      WOW! I did non know that. That is weird, because in HFSS the default magnetization is along Z axis. Kind of dangerous inconsistency.
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      @HaydarEzzedine materials are independent of designs. they hold all the data that can be used in any design in the suit.
    • Navya C
      Ansys Employee

You can only model what the template allows you in RMXprt. However, you can make the necessary changes after creating a maxwell design.
      Depending on the changes you make to maxwell design it may differ to any extent from RMXprt result.

Regards Navya
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.