Fluids

Fluids

Define a property in function of other two properties in multiphase

• Marco Alborghetti
      Subscriber

Good morning,

I'm dealing with a multiphase problem in which i want to set a phase transition study from a liquid to a gas. 

I'm trying to set the real gas model, I'll use the peng-Robinson model to perform the properties of both gas and liquid phase, but i cannot import the properties (density... ecc) i've calculated in function of a temperature and a drop pressure,

Anyone know how to do it?

Thank you for your time, 

Kind Regards,

Marco

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Peng-Robinson is one of the standard options, or are you trying to use a UDF for the real gas properties? 

• Marco Alborghetti
      Subscriber

Well I was trying to use peng-robinson and provide a table to the software in order to see which data it has to follow for density in function of pressure and temperature. Than I tried to use another kind of methodology by implementing a RGP file, in your opinion which is the best solution to solve the problem?

Kind regards,

Marco

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

I tend to avoid real gas models where possible. If you create the two materials and then turn on multiphase how does it behave? You'll still need to fix the interphase mass & heat transfer via the models or a UDF. 

• Marco Alborghetti
      Subscriber

it doesn't behave good mainly because the property change of both liquid and gas during the process, infact i'm dealing with a liquid that become supercritical

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.