July 6, 2023 at 1:26 amMoSubscriber
I have a model which has more than 600 contact pairs. Is there any way in ANSYS Workbench 2022 to find the contact pairs with contact areas more than x amount to select them and change the type of connection? I cannot go through all 600 connections to define the contacts one by one.
July 6, 2023 at 12:56 pmAshish KumarForum Moderator
You can create a named selection of areas of interest based on a range of areas, then use an object generator to define the contacts.
July 14, 2023 at 12:42 am
August 3, 2023 at 5:46 am
August 3, 2023 at 6:07 amAshish KumarForum Moderator
Even, if the contact and target are the same size they will be categorized into different named selections. Say one named selection contains all the contact sides and the other named selection contains the target side and then use the object generator.
August 31, 2023 at 1:00 amMoSubscriber
if I name select based on the area, all the areas with the same size will be selected as one Name Selection. Right?
Then, when I want to do use object generator just one name selection will be showed up on the object generator Target and Contact.
Please advise. thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- unable to open files in ansys
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- Material constant Damping calculation
- How to export high resolution images in APDL
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.