General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Define the different sfittness of the bearing at different rotation speed in Modal analysis

• timJiang
      Subscriber
      Dear all,eed help here pleasenI know it is achiveable in APDL, but how to do it in Workbench?nWhen simulating the fluid film bearing rotor, the stiffness and damping of the fluid bearing is not constant across the rotationary speed range. My aim is to get the campbell diagram and the critical speed.nMay I ask how to define the bearing parameters realted to the speed when using Modal in Workbench? For example, is it possile to define a table of rpm and bearing parameters to each bearing?nWishesnTimn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Array,nYou could input the stiffness vs rotational speed in a tubular format. After inserting the bearing connection, click on K11 (or any other K). There is an arrow to the right, click that and you would see a tabular option. This is available in 2021R1, I am not sure about the earlier versions.nRegards,nIshan.n
    • timJiang
      Subscriber

Hello @timJiang,You could input the stiffness vs rotational speed in a tubular format. After inserting the bearing connection, click on K11 (or any other K). There is an arrow to the right, click that and you would see a "tabular" option. This is available in 2021R1, I am not sure about the earlier versions.Regards,Ishan.https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/110496#Comment_110496

Thank you sir for your kind repley.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.