March 11, 2021 at 4:27 amtimJiangSubscriberDear all,eed help here pleasenI know it is achiveable in APDL, but how to do it in Workbench?nWhen simulating the fluid film bearing rotor, the stiffness and damping of the fluid bearing is not constant across the rotationary speed range. My aim is to get the campbell diagram and the critical speed.nMay I ask how to define the bearing parameters realted to the speed when using Modal in Workbench? For example, is it possile to define a table of rpm and bearing parameters to each bearing?nWishesnTimn
March 12, 2021 at 6:13 am1shanAnsys EmployeeHello Array,nYou could input the stiffness vs rotational speed in a tubular format. After inserting the bearing connection, click on K11 (or any other K). There is an arrow to the right, click that and you would see a tabular option. This is available in 2021R1, I am not sure about the earlier versions.nRegards,nIshan.n
March 12, 2021 at 7:11 amtimJiangSubscriber
Hello @timJiang,You could input the stiffness vs rotational speed in a tubular format. After inserting the bearing connection, click on K11 (or any other K). There is an arrow to the right, click that and you would see a "tabular" option. This is available in 2021R1, I am not sure about the earlier versions.Regards,Ishan.https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/110496#Comment_110496Thank you sir for your kind repley.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.