September 20, 2022 at 6:16 pmEmre YILDIRIMSubscriber
I am trying to define anisotropic elasticity using stiffness matrix of laminated structure in Workbench. However I encounter error saying "Material 1 should not have both an ANEL material matrix and EX defined." How can I solve this issue?
The code I wrote in workbench command line can be seen in the figure.
September 22, 2022 at 12:41 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
The source of error is due to the existing default material properties assigned by Workbench is not overwritten. By default, WB assigns isotropic elastic material properties to the part, and even if one assigns a set of anisotropic material properties, the old linear elastic isotropic properties don't get disabled, hence the conflict.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.