General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Defining self contact in static structural in spring line body and plate?

• harsh13295
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am performing a Static Structural loading test but I am unable to enable self contact so that the body elements will not pass through each other.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Please set the Pinball Radius on the Contact of the Spring with itself to a large value. Insert (don't attach) a screen snap (not a cellphone photo) of the Contact definition and the Pinball in the Graphics window.nDo the same with the Contact of the Spring to the Top Plate.nDo the same with the Contact of the Spring to the Bottom Plate.n
    • harsh13295
      Subscriber
      Contact of the Spring to the Top Platen Contact of the Spring to the Bottom Plate.nContact definition and the PinballnAs you suggested i took the pinball radius but still not able to solve Thank you @peteroznewman for helping men
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      All three contacts should be Frictional. There should be a fixed support on the vertex at the bottom of the spring.nIf the bottom plate is a Fixed Support, the top plate should have a Remote Displacement that moves it in the -Z direction while keeping all other DOF at 0.n
    • harsh13295
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your help nIt is solve perfectly.n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.