April 9, 2022 at 2:26 pmkiraSubscriber
In my system, I am defining torque on a body as function of the angular velocity of that body in transient analysis.
Is there any variable where the angular velocities of the different bodies in a model get saved, that I can grab and use in my equation for torque/moment in the transient modelApril 13, 2022 at 2:28 pmDave LoomanAnsys EmployeeSo during the transient you want to retrieve the current angular velocity and then update a torque value? There's no variable that contains the current angular velocity so it will need to be done indirectly. You can add a small point mass to your model and then query the current rotation of the point mass. Then you can compute the current angular velocity as (current_rotation - previous_rotation)/(time step).
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags