TAGGED: concrete, concrete-pavement, temperature, warping
January 29, 2021 at 4:43 amdschaeniSubscriber
I am new to FE analysis and creating my first models.
I tried to model a concrete pavement and see how it deforms under temperature. With a higher temperature on top and a lower on the bottom, the concrete should develop warping stresses and bend upwards. Unfortunatly my concrete slab bends downwards. Any ideas why that is?
As engineering data i used standart concrete.
Do I have to use any special APDL commands to simulate concrete with Ansys Workbench or is it possible without?January 29, 2021 at 11:03 ampeteroznewmanSubscribernPlease explain how you created a temperature gradient in the model.nPlease show how the model is meshed.nPlease show how the model is supported.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.