June 13, 2023 at 7:46 pmjavat33489Subscriber
I'm simulating SPH drilling of sandstone particles using Mohr Coulomb in WB LS-Dyna ACT.
Drill - rigid body.
Nozzles on the drill are deformable.
Why do my baits bend so much? They are much harder than sandstone. Drilling does not occur:
Calculation time 0.001 s.
I am using Displacement:
Rotate 180 degrees and move 5 mm.
June 14, 2023 at 12:38 pmRam GopisettiAnsys Employee
rethink the material model for sandstone with some failure criteria , read the paper title "Numerical simulation of impact on pneumatic DTH hammer percussive drilling " by Changgen Bu et.al .
June 15, 2023 at 6:46 pmjavat33489Subscriber
I read, thank you what I need.
BUT I can't add that kind of stuff to Dyna ACT WB.
1. I tried to add a MAT_JOHNSON-HOLMQUIST_CONCRETE snippet and PART card to link the rock to be drilled to the material, but the workbench gives me errors:
Then I decided to add a section map, it didn't help either:
How to add material snippet to Dyna ACT WB?
I have a rigid drill. Rock / blank - sph - I want to assign the material to it through the map:
2. Then I decided to add material to DYNE Prepost. And the calculation did not work again, the following error appears:
But with a simple plastic material he thinks
June 16, 2023 at 8:23 pmjavat33489Subscriber
I figured out the LS Dina ACT.
The material snippet needs to be inserted into the geometry and not into the solver.
BUT the material still does not work. When inserting a snippet:
writes an error:
If you insert without a TITLE, then the calculation does not start.
But the LS-Dine postprocessor (black) still does not work. Error above.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- explicit dynamics
- turning simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- How to figure out impact force in Explicit Dynamic Analysis
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- How to solve Energy error too large
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.