March 9, 2021 at 2:52 pmHughMcCSubscriberI am trying to create a code that is able to delete elements off the mesh in the mechanical scripting section. I want to calculate the stress after a few elements have been deleted. Currently I can only count the number of elements in the mesh which is nmesh = DataModel.MeshDataByName(Global)nmesh.ElementCountn=486nCould you please help me with a code that is able to delete. Thank youn
March 10, 2021 at 11:44 amAniketAnsys EmployeeDo you want to clear the entire mesh or delete specific element? I believe you want the latter.nMeshData is readonly so you can not delete the elements from it. You can insert an Element Kill condition in BCs but that will invalidate the current results.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
March 10, 2021 at 11:50 amHughMcCSubscriberI want to delete specific elements. I know each element has an ID. Would it be possible to selected a number of elements by their ID and be able to remove them from the mesh? I am doing project on where I can mimic corrosion on the structure by removing a certain number on elements. Previous work I can find is on corrosion and removing elements is on ansys parametric design language. n
March 10, 2021 at 12:38 pmHughMcCSubscriberHow do I use the ElementKill in the mechanical scripting section ?.Thank you nHughn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.