General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Deleting Elements off the mesh

• HughMcC
      Subscriber
      I am trying to create a code that is able to delete elements off the mesh in the mechanical scripting section. I want to calculate the stress after a few elements have been deleted. Currently I can only count the number of elements in the mesh which is nmesh = DataModel.MeshDataByName(Global)nmesh.ElementCountn=486nCould you please help me with a code that is able to delete. Thank youn
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Do you want to clear the entire mesh or delete specific element? I believe you want the latter.nMeshData is readonly so you can not delete the elements from it. You can insert an Element Kill condition in BCs but that will invalidate the current results.n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • HughMcC
      Subscriber
      I want to delete specific elements. I know each element has an ID. Would it be possible to selected a number of elements by their ID and be able to remove them from the mesh? I am doing project on where I can mimic corrosion on the structure by removing a certain number on elements. Previous work I can find is on corrosion and removing elements is on ansys parametric design language. n
    • HughMcC
      Subscriber
      How do I use the ElementKill in the mechanical scripting section ?.Thank you nHughn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.