Fluids

Fluids

Demonstrating Fluid “Mixing” Between Water Inlets

• bsak723
      Subscriber

I am currently testing the mixing abilities of different 2D geometries using two inlets (each filled with water) and one outlet.  I have not been able to find a way to differentiate the fluid of one inlet with the other in Fluent.  Is there a way I can differentiate one fluid from the other without having to use two absolutely different fluids?  

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Use species transport model with two same water components. Other way you inject some massless particles with some tracer ID to check mixing.
    • bsak723
      Subscriber

I have attempted to use the species transport model, but all of the contours/streamlines do not show the mixing from the two inlets.  Is there a way to give the fluid color for each inlet without changing the temperature?  Is there something wrong with my model settings or am I supposed to be looking at a specific animation/contour to show the mixing capabilities?  Also, given the geometry of the model, would an injection tracking system be more accurate?  Any help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Bryce

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      post screenshots of mass fractions
    • bsak723
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

When I look into both inlets, I can only find a mass fraction for one of the fluids, as shown below.  I want to have different fluids coming in from different inlets.  How am I supposed to accomplish that given I can only change one fluid mass fraction?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.