Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Dependicies needed for CentOS 8.3 for ansys fluent and ansys mechnical (FSI)?

• Julio Mendez
      Subscriber

Hi, I am trying to run FSI (2-way coupling) in Ansys workbench on a CentOS 8.36 system that runs on a container. When I run the tutorial of FSI on a windows workstation, it runs perfectly fine. Still, when I run the same workflow on a CentOS 8.3 system running on a container, I get the error: "Update failed for the solution component in System Coupling. The coupling service failed to start."

Any Idea ?

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Please see Chapter 2 of the linux installation guide for all required libraries ad prerequisites.

• Julio Mendez
      Subscriber

George, thank you very much indeed for your response. Is the guide publicly available? I only have access to the student version (windows).

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

The installation guide is located on the ANSY Customer portal.
      Whoever downloaded and installed on the linux machine should be able to access it.

• Julio Mendez
      Subscriber

I found one manual, but the version is 16.2, and the version we are testing is 19.2 :s

• Julio Mendez
      Subscriber

Thanks George, I am helping a team from UTD to troubleshut their application, since I am an external consultant I do not have access to their software stack, license and support representatives. I'll see if they can share some extra documentation with me.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

19.2 was not tested or certified on CentOS 8.3
      Please see the following for Supported Operating Systems:
      https://www.ansys.com/it-solutions/platform-support
      https://www.ansys.com/it-solutions/platform-support/previous-releases

• Julio Mendez
      Subscriber

George, thank you very much. I realzied that I can find the information you suggested even from the student version I have, from teh help menu. It is quite useful !! Unfortunately, the student version comesin windows only

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.