November 16, 2018 at 4:06 pmgiovanni_ianzitiSubscriber
I`m creating a model of heat pipe. Inside the volume I`ve water and vapour (in the paper he don`t use air). I`m working on ansys 19.2 and I have a question for you.
If I use an UDF for the mass transfer can I work without insert manually the Lee model in the phase interaction panel?
Because my UDF insert the same formula:
November 19, 2018 at 8:37 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
Yes, you can use use it if you are using formula same way as in the code.
Please note that debugging udf will not be part of forum support from ANSYS. So better to use in build functionality.
November 19, 2018 at 1:01 pmgiovanni_ianzitiSubscriber
thank you but I don`t understand. Is enough insert the udf? or Do I need to ability the lee model (in phase interaction) in addition to the udf?
November 19, 2018 at 5:38 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
You do not need to use any UDF for what is stated in the paper. Go ahead and setup the case with the Lee model for mixture or VOF model.
If you use an UDF (DEFINE_LINEARZIED_MASS_TRANSFER or DEFIFNE_MASS_TRANSFER) there is no need to setup additionally the Lee Model.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.